Using HEC-RAS to Model Bridges, Culverts, and Floodplains
When: May 8-10, 2017
Where: The Madison Concourse Hotel
One West Dayton Street
Learn how to compute water-surface-profiles using the HEC-RAS program in a sound and effective manner. You'll develop a river model, add roadway crossings with bridges or culverts, and perform floodplain and floodway analyses. No prior program experience is necessary; however, a technical background is required.
Who Should Attend:
- Engineers who have some experience in river and floodplain studies and investigations
- Engineers or others with experience in using HEC-2, WISPRO, or other legacy programs
- Technical staff involved in model reviews
- Vernon Bonner, PE
Earn Continuing Education Credit:
By participating in this course, you will earn 21 Professional Development Hours (PDH) or 2.1 Continuing Education Units (CEU).
HEC-RAS Also Available Online:
The live web conferences will be held on the following dates (from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Central time):
- March 3
- March 10
- March 17
- March 24
- April 7
- April 14
- April 28
- Calculating Water Surface Profiles
- HEC-RAS Modeling--Geometry
- Developing a Geometry Model with HEC-RAS: Workshop
- HEC-RAS Modeling: Flow Data, Compute Profiles, and View Results
- Calculation of Water Surface Profiles: Workshop
- Review Workshop
- Geometry Options
- Bridge Modeling with HEC-RAS
- HEC-RAS Bridge Input-Output
- Bridge Modeling Workshop
- Bridge Workshop Review
- Overview of Culvert Hydraulics
- Culvert Modeling with HEC-RAS
- Culvert Modeling Workshop
- Review Culvert Modeling Workshop
- Using Digital Terrain Models with Mapper
- Floodway Determination
- Floodway Determination Workshop
- Review Floodway Workshop Outpout Review and Analysis
- HEC-RAS Output Analysis Workshop
- 7:45 a.m. to 8:15 a.m. Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 8:15 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Class
- 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Class
- 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Class
Refreshment breaks and lunch will be provided all three days.
Fee Covers Notebook, course materials, CDs containing HEC-RAS software with user's manual, hydraulic reference manual, application guide, and other reference documents, breakfast and break refreshments, lunches, and certificate. Course materials are distributed only to participants.
Cancelation If you cannot attend, please notify us at least seven days prior to the course strat and we will refund your fee. Cancelations received after that date and no-shows are subject to a $150 administrative fee per course. You may enroll a substitute at any time before the course starts.
Location This course will be held at the Madison Concourse Hotel, One West Datron Street, Madison, WI.
The Madison Concourse Hotel and Governor's Club (rates starting at $130/night)
900-356-8293 or 608-257-6000
Group code: 563825
Room requests after 4/15/2017 will be subject to availability.
One West Dayton St.